Friday, September 28, 2007

GO CUBS GO, GO CUBS GO!



HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY, THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN TODAY! Woo hoo! Yes, as you have probably figured out by now, this is Abe composing this blog post, and I must say, BOY AM I EXCITED! I don't even care if I have run-on sentences or other grammatical errors in this blog (sorry Donna! :))! Seriously though--the Cubs clinched tonight, and boy am I psyched! Having lived in Chicago practically my entire life and having to live through the 1984, 1989, 1998, and, more recently, the 2003 Cubs fiasco, well, maybe this is our year!

This year, however, has been a little different, because this is the first division title that I have been able to celebrate with my lovely bride Allie. :) Ah, yes, it's been fun celebrating this division title with her. It's been cool because I had a chance to celebrate the Cardinals' World Series title with her and her family last year when we were just dating....now, she gets a chance to celebrate this division title with me!

Ok, I am going to stop now. I just had to blog tonight because I'm just so excited! Jano, Allie, Chuck, Donna, and grandma, it was your year last year....maybe this year it will be ours!

GO CUBS!

2 comments:

Jano Fabulous said...

Abe, you are the type of Cub fan that I can almost, sort of, kind of get excited for when the Cubs clinched. Unfortunately for you there are so many other obnoxious and annoying Cub fans out there that ruin it for you good guys... examples include "Grouchy Cub Fan who drinks wine" at Tumble Inn (I think his real name is Larry, and last spring we also met his alter ego "Foul Mouthed Bulls Fan"), the idiots in the bleachers at Wrigley that throw back home run balls hit by the other team (like school on a Saturday... no class, have a little more respect for the game of basesball y'all) and Nikki's co-worker at DMH, Vickie, who refers to Jim Edmonds as "Pretty Boy". Sorry Abe, because of people like this my congratulations is only half-hearted, at best.

Allison, you wearing the Cubs hat... just kind of funny. I give you credit for being such a supportive wife.

OK, enough about those silly Cubs. Here is something we can both get excited about Abe... I just got home from the Illini footbal game where the boys in orange beat Jopa and Penn State. I-L-L... I-N-I!

Abe and Allison said...

Jano,

Not much that I can say about your comments about Cubs' fans. You're right, there are some very obnoxious fans out there. I'm just not one of them :)

Go Illini! Allison and I look forward to seeing you and the rest of the Champaign crowd next weekend!