Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mrs. Domestic

I have to say I really like being Mrs. Domestic. It's not like I have to be just because I'm married now. I actually enjoy doing (most) domestic tasks. (Abe helps out, too.) I'm guessing the newness will wear off soon, but for now I'm enjoying it. My favorite household tasks are grocery shopping and cooking. I love discovering how much I can save at the grocery store. I went to the store yesterday with beef bouillon cubes on my list since I was making BBQ Beef. The first box was $2.99 or something like that, but I scanned the shelf and found one brand on clearance for only 79 cents! That totally made my day!

I also find cooking really satisfying. Yes, I get to eat the end result, but I really like trying a new recipe, discovering that I've probably screwed it up only to find in the end that it's perfect and yummy! Thankfully, Abe will eat basically anything I put in front of him. I feel really satsified when he compliments me on my cooking.

Anyway, I'm sure domestic life will be a total chore once life starts becoming busier, but for now I'm enjoying the simple life.

On another note, I've discovered a TV program that I love. It's on BBC America, a channel we get because Abe has digital cable to watch ESPN News. It's called "How Clean Is Your House." Two women (who are hilarious, by the way) take one horrifically dirty British house and deep clean it in a day. They have great tips, too.

Allison

No comments: