Monday, October 1, 2007

You can have my tofu

I thought I (Allison) would tell you all about my first experience eating Thai food. Now I know I'm way behind the times, but, hey, just be glad I'm eating Chinese! I've always been a picky eater and one who doesn't venture out into new territory very often. Since my parents just ventured into Thai last week, I decided it was time for me to try it.

Abe and I went to his favorite local Thai restaurant. He told me to get Pad Thai, which I have to say was pretty good. Thankfully, I have been around enough asian cuisine lately to recognize what's tofu and what's chicken. My first tofu experience came as a shock--I picked up what I thought was a chicken salad and put it on my plate at a salad bar. That was defintely not chicken salad. Eww...

I did, however, enjoy our appetizer--crab langoon (ok...so in typing this I just wrote "crap langoon" by accident. He hee hee!) :) Seriously, that was really good. I think frying things automatically improves their taste by a good 75%.

So I, of course, had leftovers and told Abe he could have my tofu. But we were eating outside and this large bug decided to fly into my pad thai and dig all into it. Therefore, I did not ask for a to go box. But we paid for our meal with a "buy one entree, get one free" coupon, so we were happy.

On another note, Abe and I are completely without the cars we own today. He's driving our rental and I am driving the loaner car from our mechanic since we decided to take Abe's car into the mechanic for an inspection. I was driving the loaner home when it started raining. I turned on the wipers only to discover they're screwed up and act funky. The way they move is kind of like how they dead people move their hands from side to side in the air when they come out of the grave in the "Thriller" video. Weird.

No comments: