Friday, April 18, 2008

In Sickness and in Health...

Allison here...Abe is sick once again, which means one of us has been sick since March 24. That was the Tuesday after Easter. In the grand scheme of things, we've only dealt with minor illnesses like the flu and an infected finger. But still, it means one of us is always out of it while the other is always trying as hard as possible not to contract whatever the sick one has. I'm also realizing the problems of living in a one bedroom apartment. I can't wait to (Lord-willing) get a house next year where we can split up sleeping arrangments if one of us is sick.

Meanwhile, we had fun last weekend with my brother, Bart, and his fiance, Liv. We had tickets to the White Sox/Tigers game (since they're from Detroit), but it was 40 degrees outside with rain/snow/sleet/wind. In light of my recent illness, we decided not to go...although I haven't heard from Abe if he's up for tomorrow's tickets to the Cubs vs. Pirates since he's sick (let alone our tickets for tomorrow night's Caedmon's Call concert). The combination of bad weather and illness does not bode well for enjoying April baseball in Chicago. Please pray for health!

So, instead of watching the White Sox/Tigers play, Bart, Liv, Abe and I went to the Chicago Historical Museum, which is one of my favorites in Chicago. We also tried Ethiopian food. The food was pretty good -- just word to the wise, you can't use utensils. Like you are only given a napkin -- no fork, spoon or knife. And all the food is brought on one plate, so you take a piece of this spongy bread and use it to grab some meat and veggies which you then stuff in your mouth. Thankfully, Liv and I both brought hand sanitizer, so we were prepared to share one big plate (this was the one day Abe and I both felt healthy). Abe and I would definitely go again, we just have to go with people like Bart and Liv who we're comfortable enough to enjoy a very close and personal dinner like that.

No comments: