Sunday, April 20, 2008

Caedmon's Call in Chicago!

Last night's Caedmon's Call concert was awesome. It brought back memories of the last time I (Allison) saw them -- I believe it was my sophomore year of college. While they played some of their new songs, they did play some old ones that I (somehow) remembered the lyrics to even though I haven't heard those songs in nearly 10 years. The show was in a university chapel, so it was really intimate. Abe had a blast, too, since the lead singer's dad is the pastor of the church Abe went to when he lived in Houston. Caedmon's Call is one of Abe's favorite bands, if not his absolute favorite.

The shring lok tong (Hot and Sour Soup) turned out well. It was definitely hot -- it cleared out Abe's sinuses and I had to eat some ice cream afterwards to calm my burning mouth. It was an awesome feeling to know I recreated a very traditional Chinese dish on my own! E-mail me if you'd like the recipe.

I also forgot to mention another weird note from yesterday. Robbie Gould, kicker for the Chicago Bears, sang the 7th inning stretch, which is hilarious since the last Cubs game I attended (April 2007) was when he sang the 7th inning stretch. It's a good thing we like him!

No comments: