Monday, March 31, 2008

Uh...so can I check my fantasy baseball team?

So this is what I (Allison) will be hearing from now until fall. The start of the baseball season means the start of (once again) fantasy baseball at Abe's work. Bless their hearts that they still want him in their league since he's won two years in a row. (My husband's a bit competitive.)

Opening day is a wonderful day. It really signifies the start of spring. Once again, Abe and I will be having a summer of baseball. We already have tickets to two Cubs games, one White Sox game and one Yankees game (at Yankee Stadium)! Abe and I have been kind of lethargic lately (emphasized by the large amount of snow this winter and Abe's recent bout with the flu), so we can't wait until baseball. Going to games is fun for both of us.

On another subject, my wonderful husband gave me an amazing present for no apparent reason. He gave me a spa package at one of Chicago's famous spas. Thanks, honey!

2 comments:

Jano Fabulous said...

Perhaps the spa package was a 'Thank You' in advance for the "uh, can I check my fantasy baseball team?" Abe is no dummy :)

I am excited about baseball season as well. Eric and I watched a bit of the game together over the phone the other night. I have digital cable, he has Direct TV, so I am 5+ seconds ahead of him. I kind of ruin the suspense for him because I can't wait five seconds before I cheer/boo/react... good thing we have a couple of games scheduled so see live, in person, at the ballpark.

Abe and Allison said...

OMG...the same thing happened with us when we were dating! I was always 5 seconds ahead of him, so I had to learn not to react to home runs, plays at the plate, etc. Poor Abe -- I would ruin it for him. He knew when something was going on because I got quiet. If I let any words out he would know that something exciting just happened!