Friday, March 21, 2008

Elliedub


Elliedub - Mission Tailored Clothing


It's me, Allison, here. Today was a stinky day for me, but one of the highlights was receiving a t-shirt I bought from www.elliedub.com. The site sells really cool t-shirts as a fundraiser for the adoption of Eliana, a Guatemalan girl, by Chris and Lindsey Wheeler.

I found out about Elliedub through a friend of mine from college. Not only did receiving my order today make me smile, but so did reading more of Chris and Lindsey's blog. They've been through so much hardship with this adoption. Yet, they persevere through Christ. My trials of today are so minimal compared to what they go through, yet my tendency is to give up, to get mad and act out (One of my frustrations from today was driving home in massive snow...yeah, I know it's Easter weekend...I got so frustrated I started yelling obscenities at drivers and then I called my husband and he bore the brunt of my wrath. Nice, huh?)

Life will stink. It will. The key is keeping my eyes focused on God...to claim His strength...and rely on Him. I came home and started reading Chris and Lindsey's blog, which encouraged me. Life will not be easy. In fact, it's a battle. But God is mighty and he gives us strength to fight.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

i couldn't agree more...thanks for posting about their site.
i hope we can see you and Abe soon-
love,
mandy