Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Abe's Birthday



Hi everyone...sorry I (Allison) have been so lax at blogging. After working on a computer all day it's tough for me to want to jump on the computer to blog. But I thought I would share some pictures from Abe's birthday celebrations.

We went to Abe's favorite restaurant, Ben Pao, with his parents. It's an upscale Chinese restaurant in downtown Chicago. Abe was so happy because they gave him a free dessert for his birthday.

Abe had lots of presents. (I had so much fun thinking of cool stuff to get him.) I also tracked down a black forest cherry cake the day of his birthday, since that's his favorite type of cake. (Apparently, that's not a common cake to have on hand at grocery stores in Chicago.) It was so fun surprising him since, well, he had a lot of fun surprising me with our wedding proposal so long ago.

One of my favorite presents I got him was this shirt. Abe loves ramen. It's insane. He probably eats ramen at least 3 times a week. I saw this shirt several months ago and had to be patient. I wanted to show it to him, but then again I wanted to surprise him with it at his birthday. It's funny, too, because one of Abe's favorite shows is "Everybody Loves Raymond." Get the joke?



This weekend is my brother and future sister-in-law's bachelor party/bridal shower/please don't call it a bachelorette party. Then we celebrate our wedding anniversary a week later. I've been thinking of a good blog post reflecting back on our first year of marriage, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Celina said...

You found a good man, he loves Ramen and Everybody Loves Raymond. Happy Anniversary in advance, in case I don't get a chance to wish you on the day.

Jano Fabulous said...

That t-shirt is fabulous, almost as great as the look of sheer delight on Abe's face in the picture holding it up. Happy Belated Birthday Abe!

thenn said...

Happy Birthday Abe!