Friday, December 28, 2007

So long, So


So Taguchi, one of my favorite members of the St. Louis Cardinals, and my car's namesake, has signed a deal with the San Diego Padres. I was so (pardon the pun!) disappointed. Of last year's Cardinals, three of my favorite players are gone. I secretly think Abe is coordinating this so that I will transfer my affections to his beloved (and now our hometown Cubbies.) It's kind of sad since we don't get many Cards games up this way and I won't really have the opportunity to get to know this new team. So long, So...you're taking a piece of my love for the Cardinals away.

2 comments:

Jano Fabulous said...

Allison- I too will miss So, seems like he could always get a hit when we needed it (2006 NLCS immediately comes to mind), not to mention the endless play on words with his name. My favorite So moment is when FSN did a three-part story on So eating sushi and Jeff Suppan was the guest correspondant.

I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of Abe being the mastermind of these moves in an attempt to make you a Cub fan... those Cubbie fans, you just can't trust them! The Cards will definitely have a new/younger look this season, a bit sad that this is kind of an end to an era. I am always available for a quick tutorial on Cards 2008. We are going to spring training, I will be blogging from there, so perhaps I can do a daily "Here is a new Card for Allison" feature :)

Abe and Allison said...

That feature sounds awesome! Abe pointed out to me tonight that I incorrectly identified So's new team. I got confused with all of the moves since he's really going to Philly. At least when we go to Wrigley this year we'll likely see a former Cardinal as a member of the opposing team!