Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ernie is stuck

So Abe here....quick blog post. For many of you that live in the midwest, you already know how lousy this winter has been. Between the snow, freezing temperatures, potholes, etc., well....let's just say that this has been a bad winter from a weather standpoint. Today, however, illustrates just how bad it has been:

Allison--takes two hours to get home from work. Yes, that's right, two hours.

Abe-spends 45 minutes trying to get Ernie (my car) out of my parking space on the side street, but can't due to the ice underneath it. Ernie can get me from point A to B most of the time, but tonight he would have needed ice skates to get anywhere. We tried kitty litter and pushing the car--Ernie wasn't going anywhere. Furthermore, Ernie has developed a nice little crack on his windshield now that probably needs to be fixed. Ugh.

All I can say is--I can't wait until Friday when I can meet my lovely wife in LA--last I checked, the highs were in the lower to mid 70s. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh.....California Dreamin'........

No comments: