Sunday, October 12, 2008

Seven Random/Weird Facts

Hi...Allison here...my dear friend Mandy from college tagged me on her blog and asked me to post seven random/weird facts about myself. So here goes:

1. Two people commented yesterday on the shirt I was wearing. One said it was from Banana Republic; the other said it was from J. Crew. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was in those stores. I hate to pay full price for anything, so that's why the awesome emerald-colored shirt I was wearing was from T.J. Maxx. Yep...T.J. Maxx.
2. I once flushed a pager down the toilet. Yes, it was an accident.
3. If I need some motivation when I work out, I flip my iPod to Justin Timberlake or other music you would typically hear at a wedding reception. Pretty much any JT song will get me moving on an elliptical trainer.
4. I recently joined another gym. Yes, another. Now I'm a member of a gym near my work and one near my home. Actually, I've been working out over lunch for the past week and I absolutely love it. It gives me so much more energy for the afternoon that I may be able to forego my lunchtime diet Coke habit!
5. I know how to say "Man, who just farted? Your fart stinks!" in Cantonese. (Thanks to my husband for that one.)
6. I recently learned that the soup I typically eat at my father-in-law's favorite restaurant includes chicken feet. I didn't know that until I saw my mother-in-law sucking on a chicken foot after I had been eating there for two years. Needless to say, my appetite was gone.
7. On that note, I was the pickiest eater growing up. I basically ate a hot dog every day of my life. I wouldn't even eat what my parents were cooking and now I'm having to deal with chicken foot soup! Who would have thought it?
8. (I'll throw a bonus fact in...) Mandy, the dear, precious friend who tagged me, tried to get me to eat more veggies (well, really, any) when we were college roommates. It's taken me a while, but I do eat a lot more veggies now. I now realize they are making me strong and healthy...and help me keep my figure!

Hope you all enjoyed this!

No comments: