Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ode to Caramel

Hi everyone...sorry it's been three weeks since we've blogged. I (Allie) have been dealing with some dental issues that have caused pain and, at times, have prevented me from even eating or drinking. Lord-willing, I think we may have turned the corner.

So one thing I wish I knew before the dental work process is that I would no longer be able to eat caramel. I love caramel, and this season is the perfect time for caramel. Caramel apples, caramel in desserts...ahh...oh caramel. Unfortunately, I scheduled the dental work to happen right after our Hawaii trip so I wasn't as prepared with how the dental work may affect my eating habits. Anyway, I want to say goodbye to one of my favorite foods. Goodbye, caramel...:(

Ok, enough of the sob story about caramel. This season has been a good learning experience for Abe and me. We've learned how to talk each other down from going to "crazy town" (a term our friends Paul & Kristen use to describe freak outs) when we start having stress reactions. God always uses these experiences to refine us...it's just the refining fire is very hot!

Now that our lives (hopefully) are settling down, we're getting excited for a big event to come in the next couple weeks -- my brother's wedding! We are so excited to see our family and to spend time with our future sister-in-law and her wonderful friends and family. We're ready to party!

No comments: