Thursday, May 29, 2008

Catching Up

Hi everyone...sorry we've been so lax at blogging lately. We've had a lot going on, which I'll show in pictures.

First off, Abe's sister and her husband flew in to surprise his mom for mother's day. Unfortunately, my camera's batteries died and I was unable to snap the "surprise" moment. Doh!





Then, of course, it was my birthday! Thanks to all you who sent your birthday wishes. Of the many great presents I got this year, I got a special one from my husband -- my own Cubs jersey personalized with my name and the number 1. (He said he's talked to Koskue and he's given the OK to share his number.) The old me would croak if it new future me would have my own Cubs jersey. But that just shows the power of love...awwwww...



Since I last wrote, Abe and I have also spent a weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. For those of you Chicagoans, it's a great medium-sized town getaway. Our favorite experience was visiting their botanical gardens.


They have this Thai pagoda that's the only one of its existence located in gardens outside Thailand. It is gorgeous. We thought of our friends Mandy and Jordan who've done missions work in Thailand. The whole pagoda is covered with gold leaf.







And, what would a trip to Wisconsin be without bratwurst? Yes, we went to Brat Fest, the annual event in which Madisoners try to beat their own world record for brat consumption.

Abe and I contributed by downing brats (2 for Abe; 1 for me). We're proud to say this year was a record.

That's it for us. We're both enjoying warm(er) weather in Chicago. We took a nice walk along the lakeshore on Memorial Day. How beautiful!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

what a fun getaway! we're already planning for another one for us in a few months :)
would love for you and Abe to come to NWA--it's especially beautiful in the fall!

thenn said...

Looks like a lot of fun!