Saturday, November 10, 2007

I-L-L.........

I-N-I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! Go Illini!

Ok....as you've probably figured out by now, this is Abe blogging. Ok--I'll be the first one to admit that I am a huge Homer when it comes to my favorite sports teams--from the Cubs, Bears, and the FIGHTING ILLINI (woo hoo!), I am pretty passionate about my teams.....and it's one those teams today that won arguably one of the biggest games in their football history. Let's face it, Illinois has traditionally been known more as a basketball powerhouse and not a football powerhouse.

As you probably know already, the Fighting Illini upset the #1 ranked team (yes, the #1 ranked team in the country) in the land today! They beat the Buckeyes from Ohio State 28-21, even though the superstar running back from South Skokie (sorry Jano!)Rashard Mendenhall did not even lead the team in rushing.

This is historical people....Illinois hasn't beaten a #1 ranked team since 1956...this is the first time they have ever beaten a number 1 ranked team away.....

I must say......I can write a whole lot more, but all I can say is "Go Illini!" I must say that I was screaming a lot today!

As for next week....I will probably be the only resident in Evanston rooting against Northwestern! :) GO ILLINI!

1 comment:

Jano Fabulous said...

... INI!!!!

Hey Abe, I was pretty much speechless after that victory as well. I met with Cole (my football mentee) tonight and he said what's even better than beating the Buckeyes is that the team still hasn't played its best game yet... that gets me so excited for the future. It was an awesome victory.